- AUD/USD reached a high of 0.8745 earlier
- Banks saw demand mostly from leveraged names; short covering ahead of the RBA and trailing stops getting cleared above 0.8720
- Further gains seem unlikely however, as the market remains cautious ahead of the central bank meeting
- RBA might be inspired by the RBNZ and use the current market environment to talk the Aussie lower by using more aggressive language in their statement
- Econ data out of Australia has been rather weak recently; housing market is a worry for the bank, but raising rates too early would negatively impact the economy and is not an option
- Good intraday support at 0.8680 and then 0.8640
The post AUD/USD – Short squeeze pre-RBA, but sentiment remains negative appeared first on www.forextell.com.