Each week I review the current market type and fundamental considerations on a variety of stock and commodity indices. Market type analysis is critical to trade planning.
MT = Market Type ( See lesson 8 in the Share Investing Course for Smart People)
- US Dow Jones – MT is sideways normal. Look for range trading opportunities. Prefer bullish trades but carefully. We should see a new high.
- US S&P 500 - MT is sideways normal. As above looking for a new high.
- US Nasdaq - MT is bull normal. Prefer buying.
- US Russell 2000 – MT is bull normal. Look to buy.
- UK 100 – MT is now bull normal. Look to buy.
- Europe 50 - MT is strong bull. Hold
- Germany 30 - MT is strong bull. Hold or look to buy shorter-term timeframe.
- France 40 - MT is strong bull. Hold.
- Italy 40 - MT is strong bull. Hold.
- Spain 35 - MT is strong bull. Breaking out to a new high. Hold.
- Swiss 20 - MT is turning strong bull. Look to Buy.
- Netherlands 25 - MT is strong bull. Hold.
- Japan 225 - MT is strong bull. Hold.
- Honk Kong 33 - MT is fast bull. Hold with tight stops. Big breakout here last week. Chinese money has been given additional access to flow into Hong Kong. Don’t rush to buy, wait for the market become less volatile and there will be a buying opportunity in future.
- Singapore 30 - MT is just bull normal. Look to buy.
- Australia 200 - MT is bull normal. Look for buying opportunities.
- Gold - MT is sideways normal. Careful longs preferred.
- Gold vs EURO - MT is bull normal. Look to buy.
- Silver – MT is sideways normal. Stay out.
- Silver vs EURO - MT is just a normal bull. Long with caution.
- Copper - MT is bear volatile. Big pin candle on the weekly chart giving a sell signal in this MT a couple of weeks back is still in play. Continue to look short
- Brent Oil - MT is bear volatile. Prefer to stay out.
- WTI Oil - MT is bear normal. At the top of the range. Careful shorts preferred.
- US 30 year Bonds - MT is turning fast bull. Hold.
- US 10 year Bonds - MT is sideways volatile. Wait.
- German 10 year Bonds - MT is strong bull. Hold.
- UK 10 year Bonds – MT is volatile bull. Prefer careful buying.
About the Author
Sam Eder is the author of the Share Investing Course for Smart People. He is the founder and head trader at market beating stock investing service SpoonFed Investor. If you like his writing you can subscribe to his newsletter.
The post Stock Index and Commodity Weekly Market Type Analysis 12/04/15 appeared first on www.forextell.com.