Each week I review the current market type and fundamental considerations on a variety of stock and commodity indices. Market type analysis is critical to trade planning.
MT = Market Type ( See lesson 8 in the Share Investing Course for Smart People)
- US Dow Jones – MT is bull normal. We are still right on the edge of turning sideways. Time to be cautious.
- US S&P 500 – MT is bull normal. Continue to buy.
- US Nasdaq – MT is bull normal. Continue to buy. Possibly the best of the US indices technically.
- US Russell 2000 – MT is bull normal. Continue to buy.
- UK 100 – MT is bull normal. We could be turning sideways here but I still like as a buy.
- Europe 50 – MT is bull normal. We got the follow though after more easing comments from the ECB. Think this is quite a good buy.
- Germany 30 – MT is bull normal. Got the bullish signs we were waiting on last week. Time to buy.
- France 40 – MT is bull normal. Got follow though on the buying signal from two weeks ago. Continue to buy.
- Italy 40 – MT is bull normal. Remain bullish and look to buy
- Spain 35 – MT is bull normal. Got the follow through. Keep buying.
- Swiss 20 – MT is bull normal. Continue to buy,
- Netherlands 25 – MT is bull normal. Continue to buy.
- Japan 225 – MT is strong bull. Making new multi-year highs continue to buy.
- Honk Kong 33 – MT is strong bull. Bullish engulfing candle suggests buy.
- Singapore 30 – MT is just bull normal. Wait for now until we get a buy signal.
- Australia 200 – MT is sideways volatile. Still best to wait here for stronger signals.
- Gold – MT is sideways normal. Range continues to hold. Wait.
- Gold vs EURO – MT is sideways normal. Last weeks low quality buying signal came good. Fundamentally I do think this is ok. Buy with caution.
- Silver – MT is sideways normal. Wait
- Silver vs EURO – MT is sideways normal. Wait
- Copper – MT is bear volatile. Technical sell here. We have strong bearish engulfing candlestick off resistance in a volatile downtrend. Good selling opportunity.
- Brent Oil – MT is bear volatile. Signals are mixed prefer to wait.
- WTI Oil – MT is bear volatile. Still not quite a bull market.
- US 30 year Bonds – MT is bull volatile. Buy is still in play but it is not for the faint hearted.
- US 10 year Bonds – MT is sideways volatile. As above, prefer to buy with caution.
- German 10 year Bonds – MT is strong bear. Sell off continues. Continue to sell… but with caution as I would not be surprised to see a reversal.
- UK 10 year Bonds – MT is sideways volatile. Buy signal here off the edge of the range still in play, but has weakened.
About the Author
Sam Eder is the author of the Share Investing Course for Smart People. He is the founder and head trader at market beating stock investing service SpoonFed Investor. If you like his writing you can subscribe to his newsletter.
The post Stock Index Weekly Market Type Analysis 24/05/2015 appeared first on www.forextell.com.