Each week I review the current market type and fundamental considerations on a variety of stock and commodity indices. Market type analysis is critical to trade planning.
MT = Market Type ( See lesson 8 in the Share Investing Course for Smart People)
- US Dow Jones – MT is bull normal. Could be turning sideways and we have a bearish reversal pattern suggestive of selling.
- US S&P 500 - MT is bull normal. The bearish pattern is slightly in play here too, but it is not strong. Buy with caution.
- US Nasdaq - MT is bull normal. Continue to buy. Still the best performing of the indices.
- US Russell 2000 – MT is bull normal. Continue to buy.
- UK 100 – MT is bull normal. We could be turning sideways here but I still like as a buy.
- Europe 50 - MT is bull volatile. Prefer to wait for stronger signals.
- Germany 30 - MT is bull volatile. Last weeks sell-off has turned it into a volatile market type. Wait.
- France 40 - MT is bull volatile. Also turning volatile.
- Italy 40 - MT is bull normal. Remain bullish and look to buy
- Spain 35 - MT is bull normal. No so volatile here but market turning sideways. Wait for clearer signs.
- Swiss 20 - MT is bull normal. Continue to buy,
- Netherlands 25 - MT is bull normal. Continue to buy.
- Japan 225 - MT is strong bull. We have a weak bearish weekly pattern which could mean a short-term reversal in this market type.
- Honk Kong 33 - MT is bull volatile. Bearish engulfing suggestive of a sell off. A counter-trend opportunity for the very brave.
- Singapore 30 - MT is just sideways volatile. Wait for clearer signs.
- Australia 200 - MT is sideways volatile. Still best to wait here for stronger signals.
- Gold - MT is sideways normal. Range continues to hold. Wait.
- Gold vs EURO - MT is sideways normal. Wait or buy with caution.
- Silver – MT is sideways normal. Wait
- Silver vs EURO - MT is sideways normal. Wait
- Copper - MT is bear volatile. Technical sell here. Last weeks selling opportunity came good. Prefer shorts.
- Brent Oil - MT is bear volatile. Signals are mixed prefer to wait.
- WTI Oil - MT is bull normal. Last weeks pin candle turns us into a bull.
- US 30 year Bonds - MT is bull volatile. Prefer to the upside.
- US 10 year Bonds - MT is sideways volatile. More bullish candlesticks suggest buying.
- German 10 year Bonds - MT is sideways volatile. Seeing a reversal here and more buyers stepping in. Look to buy.
- UK 10 year Bonds – MT is sideways volatile. Also still bullish with the previous weeks buying signals coming good.
About the Author
Sam Eder is the author of the Share Investing Course for Smart People. He is the founder and head trader at market beating stock investing service SpoonFed Investor. If you like his writing you can subscribe to his newsletter.
The post Stock Index Weekly Market Type Analysis 31/05/2015 appeared first on www.forextell.com.