- The QE programme will begin on March 09th and will total €60 billion per month
- The ECB will buy debt with negative yields, but only if those yields are not below the ECB deposit rate at the time of purchase. Currently, the deposit rate stands at -0.20 %.
- If a Euro-Area CB cannot purchase sufficient marketable debt instruments to fullfill its allocation, the ECB will allow substitute purchases, which will allow the bank to reach the monthly €60 billion target
- The ECB will not buy more than 25 % share of any debt issue, so that it can avoid having a blocking majority in case of debt restructuring
- The ECB will only buy debt in the secondary market with maturity between 2 and 30 years
The post ECB QE programme highlights appeared first on www.forextell.com.