Note that this is my current view, but if market conditions change my view can change too. Generally I will trade in alignment with what I have noted here, though I will wait for a set-up before I enter. I base my view on technical and fundamental information. This is my beliefs and you are welcome to have opposite ones. Having a plan is more important than the actual direction for me.
- Short GBP/USD. Trend – MT is bear normal. Getting close to the bottom of the monthly range.
- Waiting USD/JPY. MT is sideways normal. Could go to either edge of the range from here.
- Short AUD/USD Breakout – MT is bear normal. The breakout has been strong so far. As with all breakouts watch out for a reversal back into the range. Checkout the monthly chart to see the significance of this level broken by this breakout.
- Short EUR/USD. Trend – MT is strong bear. Could continue to fall a lot faster than what people think.
- Short NZD/USD. Breakout – MT is strong bear. The breakout has been quite strong on some negative inter-bank reports about the Kiwi.
- Waiting USD/CHF. MT is volatile sideways.
- Long USD/CAD. Trend – MT is strong bull. Beware of sharp reversals during strong bull market types. Can be a good idea to have tight stops if you have a position on.
- Short AUD/JPY. Breakout – MT is strong bear. Expect the move to continue down to 91.50.
- Short NZD/JPY Trend – MT is bear normal.
- Long GBP/NZD. Trend – MT is normal sideways but momentum is strong and plenty of room until the top of the range.
- Long AUD/NZD. Trend – MT is bull normal. But currently in a pullback that could turn into a reversal.
- Short EUR/GBP. Breakout – MT is strong bear.
- Waiting EUR/AUD. MT is tricky to define.
- Short EUR/NZD. Breakout – MT is normal bear. Price is holding below the monthly level.
- Long GBP/AUD. Trend – MT is normal sideways. Similar to the GBPNZD there is strong momentum and room to move until the top of the range.
(MT = Market Type: Click for more information on market types.)
Trend: Market is trending in the direction I have listed and I expect it to continue. I will list this with the .
Reversal: I am looking for a reversal against the current trend
Breakout: The currency pair is breaking out of a range
About the Author
Sam Eder is a currency trader and author of the Definitive Guide to Developing a Winning Forex Trading System and the Advanced Forex Course for Smart Traders. He is a part owner of Forex Signal Provider fxrenew.com (You can get a free trial). If you like Sam’s writing you can subscribe to his newsletter for free.
The post Forex Trading Opportunities for the Week Ahead 25 Jan 2015 appeared first on www.forextell.com.