Each week I review the current market type and fundamental considerations on a variety of stock and commodity indices. Market type analysis is critical to trade planning.
MT = Market Type ( See lesson 8 in the Share Investing Course for Smart People)
- US Dow Jones – MT is sideways normal. Wait for now but a mid range bullish engulfing candle is positive last week.
- US S&P 500 – MT is bull normal. Markets still a bit choppy but continue to buy.
- US Nasdaq – MT is bull normal. Continue to buy.
- US Russell 2000 – MT is bull normal. Continue to buy.
- UK 100 – MT is bull normal. The election last week was very bullish for the markets which lead to strong finish to last week (and one of the best days of the year for a our global portfolio). Look to buy.
- Europe 50 – MT is bull normal. We have a weekly pin candle which is a strong buying signal.
- Germany 30 – MT is bull normal. We have the bottoming signs mentioned in last weeks update, though not as strong here as on the Europe 50 above.
- France 40 – MT is bull normal. As above weekly buying signal here.
- Italy 40 – MT is bull normal. Buying signs here.
- Spain 35 – MT is bull normal. Strong buying signal with a bullish engulfing weekly candle.
- Swiss 20 – MT is bull normal. Back in buying mode now.
- Netherlands 25 – MT is bull normal. Selling off hard. Look to buy now.
- Japan 225 – MT is strong bull. Strong buying signals on both weekly and daily charts. I expect the trend in Japanese stocks to go on for some time ( with blips along the way of course).
- Honk Kong 33 – MT is now strong bull. Daily reversal pattern signals buying.
- Singapore 30 – MT is just bull normal. Getting a buying signal here too.
- Australia 200 – MT is sideways volatile. Big drop last week, and prefer to wait.
- Gold – MT is sideways normal. Wait
- Gold vs EURO – MT is sideways normal. Near the bottom of the range but wait for stronger signals.
- Silver – MT is sideways normal. wait
- Silver vs EURO – MT is sideways normal. Wait
- Copper – MT is bear volatile. Wait for now but we could get a sell signal next week.
- Brent Oil – MT is bear volatile. Shorter term signals bullish.
- WTI Oil – MT is bear volatile. Almost a weekly sell signal here. One more down week and we turn bearish.
- US 30 year Bonds – MT is bull normal. Almost a buy signal here, but wait for now.
- US 10 year Bonds – MT is sideways volatile. A weak buy signal here. Prefer to wait unless you must.
- German 10 year Bonds – MT is bull volatile. We *may* have seen an end to this sell off and the trend will likely continue but no strong buy signal would suggest any purchase at the moment is bottom-fishing.
- UK 10 year Bonds – MT is volatile bull turning sideways bull. Prefer to wait now. But we do have a weak buy signal.
About the Author
Sam Eder is the author of the Share Investing Course for Smart People. He is the founder and head trader at market beating stock investing service SpoonFed Investor. If you like his writing you can subscribe to his newsletter.
The post Stock Index and Commodity Weekly Market Type Analysis 10/05/2015 appeared first on www.forextell.com.