Each week I review the current market type and fundamental considerations on a variety of stock and commodity indices. Market type analysis is critical to trade planning.
MT = Market Type ( See lesson 8 in the Share Investing Course for Smart People)
- US Dow Jones – MT is bull normal. Look to buy but we wary of resistance ( a failure would turn the market type back sideways).
- US S&P 500 - MT is bull normal. Continue to buy.
- US Nasdaq - MT is bull normal. Continue to buy.
- US Russell 2000 – MT is bull normal. Bullish engulfing signals buy.
- UK 100 – MT is bull normal. Buy but with caution as price action is starting to break down, though we are still holding about the key 6900 level.
- Europe 50 - MT is bull normal. No follow though on last weeks pin candle. Hold.
- Germany 30 - MT is bull normal. Hold for now wait for more bullish signs.
- France 40 - MT is bull normal. As above weekly buying signal here.
- Italy 40 - MT is bull normal. Remain bullish and look to buy
- Spain 35 - MT is bull normal. Strong buying signal with a bullish engulfing weekly candle last week. No follow though but buying perferred.
- Swiss 20 - MT is bull normal. Continue to buy,
- Netherlands 25 - MT is bull normal. Continue to buy.
- Japan 225 - MT is strong bull. Bullish week confirming the prior weeks buy signal. Continue to buy.
- Honk Kong 33 - MT is now strong bull. Very bullish day on Friday. Continue to buy.
- Singapore 30 - MT is just bull normal. Buy with caution as we are at monthly resistance.
- Australia 200 - MT is sideways volatile. Big drop from two weeks ago recovering, but still best to wait for now as no buying signal.
- Gold - MT is sideways normal. Wait
- Gold vs EURO - MT is sideways normal. Weak buying signal off the bottom of the range.
- Silver – MT is sideways normal. Wait
- Silver vs EURO - MT is sideways normal. Wait
- Copper - MT is bear volatile. Wait for now, no directional signal as yet.
- Brent Oil - MT is bear volatile. Signals are mixed prefer to wait.
- WTI Oil - MT is bear volatile. Almost a bull market here.
- US 30 year Bonds - MT is bull volatile. Pin Candle buy signal but only if you don’t mind some volatility.
- US 10 year Bonds - MT is sideways volatile. Stronger buy signal here could be a good opportunity.
- German 10 year Bonds - MT is bear fast. Sell off continues. Shift to selling mode.
- UK 10 year Bonds – MT is sideways volatile. Buy signal here off the edge of the range.
About the Author
Sam Eder is the author of the Share Investing Course for Smart People. He is the founder and head trader at market beating stock investing service SpoonFed Investor. If you like his writing you can subscribe to his newsletter.
The post Stock Index and Commodity Weekly Market Type Analysis 17/05/2015 appeared first on www.forextell.com.