Note that this is my current view, but if market conditions change my view can change too. Generally I will trade in alignment with what I have noted here, though I will wait for a set-up before I enter. I base my view on technical and fundamental information. This is my beliefs and you are welcome to have opposite ones. Having a plan is more important than the actual direction for me.
- Waiting GBP/USD. – MT is sideways volatile. Fundamentally the GBP is facing the headwinds Carney lowering rate expectations and the election in may. At an important technical level on the weekly chart – where long-term reversals often happen (bullish in this case) . Sideways volatile conditions suit short-term trading.
- Waiting USD/JPY. – MT is sideways volatile. I suspect that the yen will be slightly weaker than the eur and gbp and cautiously favor the upside.
- Waiting AUD/USD – MT is sideways volatile.Similar situation on the other majors vs. USD. Either suits short-term trading or waiting.
- Waiting EUR/USD. – MT is sideways volatile. Longer term the key driver of this pair will still be divergent monetary policy.
- Long NZD/USD. Reversal – MT is sideways volatile (turning into volatile bull??). Check the weekly chart. It shows signs of strength. If you want to be long be cautious. 1. Incase the dollar bull resumes. 2. We are in a volatile market type.
- Waiting USD/CHF. – MT is sideways volatile. Still very bullish on this long-term but highly volatile at the moment.
- Waiting USD/CAD. – MT is sideways volatile. Oil showing technical signs of a bullish reversal. Last weeks breakout failed, so patience required here.
- Waiting EUR/GBP. – MT is bullish?/ Sideways Volatile. Perhaps we will see month strength here.
- Waiting AUD/JPY. MT is normal sideways. Will be looking for long breakouts. The reversal from a few weeks back is still in play
- Long NZD/JPY Trend – MT is normal bull. Still could be turning into a sideways MT. Think there could be good long opportunities here this week.
- Waiting GBP/JPY. – MT is bear/ sideways normal. Tricky to pick.
- Waiting EUR/JPY. – MT is turning sideways volatile.
- Short GBP/NZD. Trend – MT is bear normal. Go short.
- Short EUR/NZD. Trend– MT is strong bear. Keep going short
- Waiting AUD/NZD. – Bearish candle at edge of range signals a sideways market type. At the bottom of the range. One more down day will signal bear market type
- Short EUR/AUD. Trend – MT is bear normal. Had a pull-back, but trend looks like it is resuming. Interesting monthly chart. Not much support in the way. Go short.
- Short GBP/AUD. Trend – MT is normal bear. Breakout from last week has confirmed. Stay short.
- Waiting AUD/CAD. MT is normal sideways. Sideways MT continues.Wait for direction or look for trades off the edge of the range.
- Short GBP/CAD. Trend– MT is normal bear. Continue to look short.
- Short EUR/CAD. Trend -MT is strong bear. Had a pull back but trend is just resuming Keep going short.
- Short EUR/CHF. Breakout – MT is sideways. Same as last week. Starting to break lower. Be wary of a reversal.
Analysis to read:
Economic calendar for the week ahead:
(MT = Market Type: Click for more information on market types.)
Trend: Market is trending in the direction I have listed and I expect it to continue.
Reversal: I am looking for a reversal against the current trend.
Breakout: The currency pair is breaking out of a range.
About the Author
Sam Eder is a currency trader and author of the Definitive Guide to Developing a Winning Forex Trading System and the Advanced Forex Course for Smart Traders (get free access). He is a co-owner of Forex Signal Provider www.fxrenew.com. If you like Sam’s writing you can subscribe to his newsletter.
The post Forex Trading Opportunities for the Week Ahead 22 March 2015 appeared first on www.forextell.com.