Note that this is my current view, but if market conditions change my view can change too. Generally I will trade in alignment with what I have noted here, though I will wait for a set-up before I enter. I base my view on technical and fundamental information. This is my beliefs and you are welcome to have opposite ones. Having a plan is more important than the actual direction for me.
- Short GBP/USD. Trend – MT is bear normal. Carney has lowered/pushed out expectations of a rate raise.
- Long USD/JPY. Trend- MT is quite bull. Currently a slowly rising bull so looking for buy opportunities on a breakout. Be aware of resistance at 1.2180.
- Short AUD/USD Trend – MT is bear normal.We had a reversal pattern form ( to buy) but so far it has not held. Bear still intact. Be wary of the reversal though.
- Short EUR/USD. Trend – MT is strong bear. Keep going short.
- Short NZD/USD. Trend – MT is normal bear. Look for short opportunities.
- Long USD/CHF. Trend – MT is normal bull. Keep buying. Has been a strong breakout trade.
- Long USD/CAD. Breakout – MT is normal bull. Oil will be putting pressure on the currency pair. Look for long trades.
- Short EUR/GBP. Trend – MT is normal bear. Look for short trades.
- Waiting AUD/JPY. MT is normal sideways. Will be looking for long breakouts. The reversal from a few weeks back is still in play
- Long NZD/JPY Reversal – MT is normal bull. Tricky marekt to pick. Could be turning into a sideways MT. Opportunity is for buy trades unless we get a stock market correction or safe haven flows.
- Short GBP/JPY. Trend – MT is bear normal. Prefer to stay away from this currency pair based on fundamentals – technical opportunities are to go short.
- Short EUR/JPY. Trend – MT is bear normal. Look for short trades.
- Waiting GBP/NZD. MT is volatile sideways. Swing trades are best on this pair – watch for the breakout short to confirm.
- Short EUR/NZD. Trend- MT is strong bear. Keep going short
- Waiting AUD/NZD. – Bearish candle at edge of range signals a sideways market type. Wait for direction to make itself clear.
- Short EUR/AUD. Trend – MT is bear normal. Interesting monthly chart. Not much support in the way. Go short.
- Short GBP/AUD. Breakout – MT is normal bear. Look short but wait until the break out confirms. Fundamentals favor GBP so be wary.
- Waiting AUD/CAD. MT is normal sideways. Wait for direction or look for trades off the edge of the range.
- Short GBP/CAD. Breakout – MT is normal bear. Similar trade the short GBP/AUD above. Not favored until GBPUSD finds support.
- Short EUR/CAD. Trend -MT is strong bear. Keep going short.
- Short EUR/CHF. Breakout – MT is sideways. Starting to break lower. Be wary of a reversal.
(MT = Market Type: Click for more information on market types.)
Trend: Market is trending in the direction I have listed and I expect it to continue.
Reversal: I am looking for a reversal against the current trend.
Breakout: The currency pair is breaking out of a range.
About the Author
Sam Eder is a currency trader and author of the Definitive Guide to Developing a Winning Forex Trading System and the Advanced Forex Course for Smart Traders (get free access). He is a co-owner of Forex Signal Provider www.fxrenew.com. If you like Sam’s writing you can subscribe to his newsletter.
The post Forex Trading Opportunities for the Week Ahead 15 March 15 appeared first on www.forextell.com.